Inner Peace, Where Art Thou, Inner Peace
Gratitude: the only way I can find to get there.
These are the things I am grateful for in this moment.
My children are primarily happy. They feel safe, they feel loved. AND, they are teenagers. It makes me feel so grateful to be witnessing them becoming more of who they are--perfect human beings.
I love myself. At the core of me, there is good. I may beat myself up often, but now I know that the beater is not who I am, that's just my tiny, little ego beating up on the rest of me that is good.
These are the things I am grateful for in this moment.
My children are primarily happy. They feel safe, they feel loved. AND, they are teenagers. It makes me feel so grateful to be witnessing them becoming more of who they are--perfect human beings.
I love myself. At the core of me, there is good. I may beat myself up often, but now I know that the beater is not who I am, that's just my tiny, little ego beating up on the rest of me that is good.

10 Comments:
hi terry, just wanted to let you know i stopped by. hope everything is going well...xoxo
I think you're right - gratitude is the key!
I'm grateful for you, Toeless, and glad we get along like a house on fire!
Hi Terry! Thinking of you! Sophie is a teenager? That is crazy!
I love that you're grateful that you love yourself! Such wisdom does not go unrewarded. I'm always grateful to find new writing when I check in here.
Everyone else loves you.....
Join in!
Love,
Suzy
Find what you love, love what you find. You've got it going!
I needed to hear this today! Will make my own list in search of my own inner peace!!! : )
Amazing how big that "tiny, little ego" can be, isn't it?! Thank you for the reminder that gratitude is bigger.
That tiny little ego has nothing on the real you.
Love.
I came to your blog via a link on Carrie's blog, and I totally love this paragraph! "I love myself. At the core of me, there is good. I may beat myself up often, but now I know that the beater is not who I am, that's just my tiny, little ego beating up on the rest of me that is good." I relate very much!
Post a Comment
<< Home