Monday, December 24, 2007

Rules for Great Writing

I got "tagged" by Holly to give my thoughts on great writing. These are those:

!. Keep me Thinking: If I'm in the midst of reading it, and I find myself referencing an idea or a sentence from it in my daily life, you've done your job.

2. Bring me in to the moment: When I feel myself as a fly on the wall, eavesdropping on the situation as if I were invisible, you've done your job.

3. Make my heart hurt: Through laughter or tears. The only way to do this is to bare your soul--it's the only way to touch another heart. Then you've done more than your job--you've hit pay dirt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

I love the Terry-isms, i.e. "done your job."

Can't wait for you to read my finished masterpiece, I hope to God you'll think I did my job!

love.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

And you do all three of these things.

: )

5:06 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Great list, totally agree!! Makes me want to get to work.

And, reminds me that I failed to make my own list when I was tagged. Hmm.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love these.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home